- Write appealing and proper URL, title and meta description – Look at the below example, few top retailers are not even present on the first page. Make sure that you have an appealing and unique meta description with few keywords.
- All the product pages should be unique pages – All the pages should have a unique and proper URL, title and description tag. Use long tail keywords like “Brown Bostonian formal shoe”, “Black waterproof Bostonian formal shoe” etc.
If you do a detail keyword analysis, you will get keywords for all your pages.
Every second Google processes 40k search queries, it’s not possible that you cannot get keywords or few thousand products.
How to implement the techniques in Shopify store
Shopify provides easy to use SEO feature if you are doing bulk upload you just have to properly update the product.csv file.
- Handle – It’s the first column of the .csv file and your product page URL. As per your targeted keyword give a proper name to the product page. For example, if the targeted keyword is “Brown Bostonian formal shoe”, in that case handle should be “Brown Bostonian-formal-shoe”.
- SEO Title – It is the most …critical component of SEO on-page optimization, you should have a proper title element, in the above case title could be “Brown Bostonian formal shoe – Brand name”
- SEO Meta description – Like Title it is also a critical element, in the above case meta description can be “Men’s Bostonian shoes are expertly crafted for timeless style and lasting durability to create a comfortable dress shoe for any occasion”.
As the number of products are too large, the SEO executive could write the tag for few products in each collection and the data entry person can intelligently duplicate that for all other products by changing the colour or any other variant, like Title 1 – “Brown Bostonian formal shoe – Brand name”, Title 2 – “Black Bostonian formal shoe – Brand name”
In Shopify product sheet, many elements are kept unique like SKU, UPC make the Title and meta tags also as a unique element.
Finally, in 2014 American Airlines swapped flight attendants’ paper manuals with lighter Samsung tablets to reduce the weight. Again a small step, it helped them to save nearly $1 million a year.
The same case applies to all industries including the eCommerce industry. If you want to invest there are numerous ways but there is a lot of scope in organic improvement. Try to do small changes, track the traffic for 2-3 months and do comment if you get better result. Our next blog will be about learning some more vital SEO and eCommerce tips and tricks!
If you need immediate help this holiday season, contact us and we’ll get you on your way.
Get done first 20 hours task for FREE & FREE store audit